New exhibit: The Cozens Ranch and the Jesuit Connection

by

The Cozens Ranch was a stage coach stop between Georgetown and Hot Sulphur Springs. It was also a hotel [6 windowless rooms] and the post office for the Frazer Valley, CO. Between 1901 and 1999, the Jesuits of Regis University spent summer retreats at the Cozens Ranch on land given to them by William and Mary Cozens. They called their site Maryvale. The ranch house is now the Cozens Ranch Museum.

The Cozens Ranch and the Jesuit Connection, an exhibit on the 2nd floor of the Dayton Memorial Library, documents through 31 photographs the pioneer days of the ranch and its connection with the Jesuits over a 98- year span.

Cozens Ranch


%d bloggers like this: